Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm a Blogger Ya'll...

Since like four of you find me entertaining, or idiotic, or a combination of the both, I did indeed start a blog. It is going to be about random shit. And I probably will say the word "shit" a lot. If you find that offensive you might want to follow some other bored, stay at home mom. I'll probably talk about how stupid I think Republicans are too. Maybe a bit about my baby's daddy. A line or two about trailer parks. My love for the gays. How cool my friends are. My current decorating obsession. I will make fun of celebrities all the time. But mostly I will be talking about how sad it is that Margo Lang is going to be poor for the rest of her life. She received the news today. Sad, sad story. Okay, let's get this shit started.



Sweden has gone a bit cray cray. READ HERE to learn about Sweden's implementation of gender-neutral pre-schools. The teachers refer to the children as "buddies" instead of "boys"or "girls". They have even added a gender-neutral pronoun to their encyclopedia. "Hen". BTW...If you read the comments, tons of people think they are referring to a female chicken. "Hen" is a Swedish word you idiots.

I'm pretty fucking liberal, but I still want to be a girl. I think women are superior to men, so why would I want to be brought down to their level?

Okay, so I ain't no psychologicator, but I do understand that we start enforcing gender stereotypes at birth. Or before. Blue for boys, pink for girls. Dolls for girls, trucks for boys. Shit like that. Do I think that is wrong? I don't know…? I know that if my daughter, Rebel, goes to the store and picks out a truck instead of a Barbie, it wouldn't matter to me. "That shit better be on clearance though."(That is something my baby's daddy would say) So, do I think making her put back the truck and get a Barbie is wrong? Yes. I think forcing a certain toy or item of clothing on a child because it is more fitting to their gender then their preference, is a total Republican dick move. They probably think there is some Bible verse about children's toys. "Thou shalt not let thy son play with thy Barbie". (That is in the New Testament I think.)

Fun fact: In the 1800's blue was for girls, and pink was for boys. Figure that shit out.

While I agree with Sweden on the need to enforce gender equality, there is no denying the differences between boys and girls. Especially physically. What happens when the children that go to these "gender-neutral" pre-schools start going to elementary school? They aren't going to know if they are a boy or girl, then everyone is going to be pulling their pants down to compare. It will be a hot mess. I think you can teach equality, without denying reality.

If this question ever arises with Rebel, I will simply say "You can have a baby if you want to. And you're less dumb." There ya go. The difference between a boy and a girl. I'm sure the Swedes can come up with a program that enforces gender equality in a less weird ass way.

With all of that said, I've actually been to Sweden. I have this cute plaid button up I bought there. They aren't super weird or anything. Their food is kind of gross and comes in tubes, but besides that, I don't have anything bad to say about them. They have an Ice bar there. And a big wooden ship. I can't really remember much else. Oh…it was cold.

Too bad Margo Lang wasn't born in Sweden. Then maybe she wouldn't have to use her boobs to get my daughter out of jail.

3 comments: